Happy birthday to meeeeee! Today I turn 26 and all I can say is damn 25 flew by. It’s funny because after my 21st birthday I never was really into celebrating my birthday because I’m like well… I was really looking forward to 21 and now it’s over so what birthday should I look forward to? But every birthday should be something to look forward to and I love celebrating every year. Another year older, another year wiser. I am so thankful for this life and am so excited to turn 26!
With that being said, I thought it would be fun to share with you guys 26 random facts about me that you probably didn’t know! I like to get personal with you guys and I know it doesn’t happen often so I hope you enjoy it!
26 Facts About Me On My 26th Birthday:
- I am full Persian, but born and raised in Orange County, CA.
- I attended UCLA on a full scholarship and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Communication Studies. Any other Bruins out there!?
- Aside from blogging, I am also a Realtor. Hence my love for all things home and interior design. I like to say I have two full time jobs 🙂
- I have one younger sister, Nassim. We are three years apart and she lives in San Francisco. She’s my BFF for life!
- My love for fashion came from my mom. She is so damn stylish and has been ever since I can remember. I definitely get my love for fashion from her and she inspires me everyday! We always swap clothes and I feel super lucky I get to raid her closet from time to time.
- I won Homecoming Queen in high school (LOL!)
- I LOVE anything spicy or sour. I would pick sour candy over chocolate any day.
- I have trypophobia. If you don’t know what that is then read this. Sorry in advance for any of you who read that and had no idea what it was and now have trypophobia. 😀
- I hate flying. I used to love it until about a year ago. Not sure what happened but I did a complete 360 within the past year and now dread every flight.
- I have a little 8 year old shihtzu named Dolce. She is literally my child and I love her so much!
- I used to play tennis religiously when I was younger. I was even Varsity captain of my high school team.
- I’m super laid-back but I overthink EVERYTHING and am probably the most indecisive person you will every meet.
- I have the most sensitive ears EVER. Like the smallest sounds bug me. If you’re crunching on chips or sipping on tea next to me just know I am cringing inside. 😈
- I don’t have a middle name (Mom and Dad if you’re reading this…why!?)
- My BF and I are high school sweethearts 😀
- I could never live without Sushi… or Mexican food… or avocados… or cheese. #fatty
- Currently my favorite tv shows are This Is Us (even though I ugly cry SO much), How To Get Away With Murder, and Stranger Things.
- One of my favorite movies is Phantom of the Opera. I’ve watched it like 327179 times and have seen the broadway show twice. Just ask any of my friends… I know EVERY single word to the musical.
- My natural hair is curly, but it’s not anything like it used to be… when I was younger I literally had the biggest and curliest hair ever. I hated it and finally relaxed my hair junior year of high school.
- I’m ALWAYS cold and I mean ALWAYS! A comfortable temperature for me is like 78 haha
- I have the coolest parents ever. They’re way cooler than me and can out party anyone I know!
- My favorite holiday is Christmas… yay for the holidays!!
- I’m 5’6″
- I’m a firm believer that everything happens for a reason! (cheesy?)
- My parents were deciding between two names for me, Samira and Natasha. I love my name but Natasha would have been a good choice too!
- I started blogging 2 years ago and it was one of the best decisions I ever made. 🙂
If you’ve made it this far in my post, thank you for reading! I thought writing 26 facts was going to be a lot harder but I actually could go on haha. I guess the rest will have to wait! In all seriousness, I am so grateful for another year and all the opportunities I had being 25. I can’t wait to see what 26 has in store. 🙂 Thank you all for following me on this journey!